Monday, March 29, 2010

A Chapter In My Life Has Come To An End

We certainly had another jammed packed weekend. We FINALLY tackled the garage and it now looks quite organized. I have no idea what we are going to do when we head back to CA and get our boat and other belongings...but, that's two months away so I'm not going to think about that now! ;)

We also got some major fixtures hung on the wall. For Christmas, my mother-in-law got us two decorative windows and we hung those yesterday over our bistro table. We also hung curtains in the guest bedroom and hung our final pictures in the office.

In between assisting Matt with his "man-work," I took on a project that I've been procrastinating for too long - our filing cabinet! We had to empty it out for the move, otherwise it would have been too heavy. Of course, by doing that, all our files got jumbled. But, I finished the project and feel much better that I can find things when I look for them!

We also went to another hockey game on Sunday evening. It was a great game and Toledo won 6-3. This was the last home game for the Walleyes so Matt and I were pretty excited that we were able to go to the game.

After the game, while driving home, something AMAZING happened. OK, well, this requires some set up so let me start with that...

Two years ago, I started a game with myself of trying to find each US state's license plate. I was pretty impressed with Chico's variety of state representation. When heading north to visit my cousins Jill and Jamie, I was able to pick up quite a few more. Then as of late last year, I narrowed it down to one - WEST VIRGINIA! I swear, I had myself convinced that West Virginians did not venture outside their state!!! Then, when we moved to Ohio, I had myself convinced I'd see one right away since they are neighboring states. Alas, nothing...

But then, last night, an unassuming car drove by us and, as if in slow motion, I looked at the license plate and screamed out, "Matt, look!" After convincing him that we weren't about to die (since, let's face it, he was driving and I did just randomly scream at him) he also looked and saw it too! Ha, ha, my game is finally over!!! Two years - can you believe it. That also includes bonus plates of Washington DC and many from Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Neat license plate game, and congrats. I grew up in Oregon, Ohio (east side) and my parents have family in Youngstown area. We'd make the trip 2-3 a year via the Ohio turnpike. My brother, sister and I would always have a contest of who could see the most out-of-state license plates.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete