Friday, March 5, 2010

Garbage at Grumpy's

Well golly, where have I been the last few days!? It's been so hard keeping up with the blog while with M&D and then for the past few days I've been under the weather. Unfortunately, I was sick the last couple of days of their visit, so I suggested they go to the art museum without me. They started off at at restaurant named Grumpy's. I had heard great things about it - especially since it has such odd hours. They are only open Monday - Friday during lunch. I guess they must have a great work crowd! We were told that the most popular item to order is the Garbage Salad, so that is what Dad got. He said it was pretty good!

Meanwhile, back at home, I continued to be sick as a dog (insert your sympathy for me here)!

M&D then headed to the Toledo Art Museum and agreed that it was a great museum. They started with the glass museum and ended in the main building. I'm glad they had such a nice time.

Over our time together, we accrued quite a bit of leftovers. Since I was feeling better and Dad has recently taken a liking to cooking, he and I decided to make dinner. We got creative and decided to incorporate all the different leftovers. We bought a head of lettuce so we could use it for lettuce cups. Then we filled the cups with the different items. We made three different combos 1. pulled pork, coleslaw and fruit salsa, 2. shrimp with cocktail sauce and 3. steak with caramelized onions, garlic and mushrooms. It was awesome!

We named the dinner, Lettuce Cup Leftovers. We highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment