Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm "Mad" For Date Night!

I just love date night! We started at Bar Louie, my new favorite restaurant! Every Tuesday they have $1 burger night! Holy Cow! (pardon the pun)


As you can see, the burger itself starts at $1 and then you can add toppings for .50 each. My burger was $3.00 and Matt's was $2.00. (I love to live lavishly!)

We also found out that each night, Bar Louie has half-off appetizers during Happy Hour. OK, I'm seriously never cooking again! This just makes too much economical sense! I can order shrimp brushetta for $4.99! OK, we all know I would miss cooking, but I'm going to have to sacrifice from time to time. ;)

We then went to our clubhouse for a "March Madness" kick-off party. We met a few new residents, including a gentleman that I'm convinced is my older brother. Mom and Dad, I don't know if you remember having a second child, but I found him. He loves movies and every time he spoke, it was as if he were reading my mind. Hopefully he will attend my movie nights so he and I can compare notes.

After the clubhouse event, we concluded our date night by seeing the new Alice in Wonderland movie in 3D. Again, this was Tuesday, so it was $6 movies!!! I just love that even the 3D movies are $6 bucks! Matt and I both liked it. I think I enjoyed it because I wasn't comparing it to the cartoon version or the books. I did like Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, and I'm glad he played the role more toned down from what I was expecting.

All in all, it was a great night! We came home having our bellies full, we met some nice people and saw a great flick! Ahh, the perfect Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment