Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surprise Saturday

We had a very busy Saturday. Since it was such a nice day out, we decided to do something outside. There is a Sports Mall in a town near us so Matt and I decided to check that out. On our way out, we stopped by our club house and while we were there, something very unexpected happened. I got a job!

Our resident manager has been pretty swamped with work lately and said that she's fallen behind in planning the apartment's monthly social events. She asked me if I would like to take on that job and she would be willing to pay me by lowering our monthly rent. How exciting! Matt is pretty thrilled about it too and keeps putting in his requests of things to do. I have my first meeting on Tuesday to determine my role. :)

So how did Matt and I celebrate? We got some free cookies and coffee of course! ;)

We headed to the Sports Mall and it is massive. First off, there is a huge building for indoor soccer, basketball and volleyball. There are tournaments for all ages all weekend long. That's just inside...

This is just one of the two soccer fields. The volleyball and basketball buildings were just as huge!

Outdoors has a golf driving range, batting cages, multiple baseball and soccer fields, and a water park. A small water park, but none the less, a water park with slides and pools. Where did all of this come from? Matt and I did see a funny sign in front of the batting cages that we would like to share.


Oddly enough, we have driven past it so many times because it is right next to the Antique Mall that I've now been to three times! I guess I know one activity we will be hitting during the summer.

Of course after the Sports Mall we just had to go to the Antique Mall. ;) We went home afterwards and lounged the rest of the evening. We were supposed to hang out with our friends, but one got sick and the other got off her nursing shift later than expected. Oh well, it was nice to just sit around.

No comments:

Post a Comment